jueves, 5 de mayo de 2011

Jelena Alajbeg: "We all dream about Final Four"


Ficha técnica
Name: Jelena
Nickname: Mala, maleni
Shirt Number: 17
Position: opposite
Club: Volero
Voleibol
1.How did you start playing?
No special story,.. at that time I didn t even know what volleyball was. I was in 2nd or 3rd grade of elementary school, and volleyball was popular there. All the girls from my class signed for it, so I went too J ,but  I loved it at first. With time most of them quit, and I stayed along. I tried other things with it, but I quit from everything and kept persistent with vb.
2. Do you have an idol?
No I don’t.
3. Which coach influenced you the most in your career? Why?
I cant say just one, each of them taught me something and from each of them I went further carrying something new what upgrade me and influenced me . Each of them made some changes. It s nice now to look  back and see all the coaches I had and all stuff each of them was teaching me and compare it.
4. How do you evaluate the year 2011 of Croatian National Team?
As always this team has so big potential, but it cannot be shown trough results because the federation is not organized and is in such big problems. In circumstances we are, we did good, but with potential we have, we did nothing. We qualified for the tournament for Olympics in Turkey so we ll see there.
5. What are your objectives for next year with National Team? Do you think it’s possible to qualify for Olympic Games?
For sure will be to pass qualification for European championship in September and of course to give our best on qualifications in Turkey. I’m an optimist and little bit of a dreamer so I always believe there’s a chance. It’s going to be really difficult, but nothing is impossible ;)
6. What are your goals for Champions League with Volero?
First goal is to pass group, and from there we ll see… we all dream about Final Four. This is young team but full of potential and possibilities, we ve worked hard and we r very eager to start competition. Last year was incredible, we ll try to make this one the same J
7. What was your biggest success so far?
With club, I should say it was last year entering playoffs 6..and the national as youth being second in Europe
8. In which leagues would you like to play?
I would like to try Turkish and maybe Japan or Korea.
9. Do you have a funny moment or anecdote to share with us?
Well last year I was with the national team on tournament in Poland, and during the game I lost shoe  J .. I went for the attack and in approach, I don t know how but, I took off the shoe and ended on ground with ball going over me…all beside coach were dying laughing…hehe ups, there are even pictures of thatJ
Personal
Favourite food: mmm sarma
Recommend a book:  Thousand splendid suns

Favourite film: Don t have it
If you hadn't become a volleyball player…
I have no idea; I would finish university for sure and maybe try dancing ;) cha cha cha J
Some words to finish:
Just relax, don t overthink it and enjoy with everything that comes in your life.
Thank you for answering our questions, it is a pleasure to get to know more about you. Good luck for the season!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario