sábado, 14 de mayo de 2011

Lynne Beattie: "We have worked very hard for London 2012"


Ficha técnica
Name:  Lynne Beattie
Nickname: Beats
Shirt Number: Normally 10, but 12 for Las Palmas
Position: Zone 4, Outside Hitter
Club: CV JAV Olimpico Las Palmas





Voleibol
How did you start playing?  
I started playing at the age of 12 at school and immediately fell in love with the sport.

Do you have any idols?
I do not have any idols, but there are many players I love to watch and admire very much.   Yoshi Takeshita, the Japanese setter, is a player I love to watch. The speed of her offence is inspirational.  I also aspire to play like Logan Tom as she is a very good all round player with power and flair. 

Which coach influenced you the most in your career? Why?
My first volleyball coach had a huge influence in my career as he is the one who fascinated me with the sport and made me want to play volleyball at a high level.  However, my current Great Britain National Team Coach, Audrey Cooper has influenced me the most in my career.  She is a huge motivator and she has driven me to become the player I am now, and still pushes me to be better. 

 

What was your biggest success so far?
Being appointed as Team Captain of the Great Britain National team preparing for the London 2012 Olympic Games. 

This season you’re going to play in Spain, Why did you choose this league and team?
It has always been an ambition of mine to play in the Spanish Superliga.   The level of volleyball is very high and I like the speed of the game out here.  And of course…the weather  : )

What do you expect for this new experience?
I expect this season to be the highlight of my volleyball career so far and am really looking forward to the experience of playing in a very good league. 


What’s your opinion about Great Britain’s current NT and their participation in London 2012?
I am very excited about competing at the London 2012 Olympic Games.  We are a team that has worked very hard for this amazing opportunity and we deserve the chance to compete at our home Olympics.  Our Team preparations are going really well and we are looking to make history for British Volleyball next summer at London 2012. 

What do you think why volleyball is not so popular in the UK?
Volleyball is becoming more and more popular in the UK, especially with the opportunity we have to compete at the Olympics.  We hope that London 2012 will boost the participation of people playing volleyball in the UK.  The problem is getting children to play a sport other than football at an early age. 

Personal
Favourite food: Chinese
Recommend a book: BOUNCE, by Matthew Syed
Favourite film:  Law abiding Citizen
If you hadn't become a volleyball player…
I am a qualified pharmacist, so would have continued with my career as a pharmacist if I hadn’t played volleyball. 
Some words to finish:
I can’t wait to experience Volleyball in the Spanish Superliga.  I am enjoying life in Las Palmas very much.  The people are great and the weather is fantastic.  Muchos Gracias!
Thank you for answering our questions, it is a pleasure to get to know more about you. Good luck for next season!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario