domingo, 22 de mayo de 2011

Mira Topic: " I am very lucky because I had opportunity to play for really great coaches"

Mira Topic is a volleyball player from Croatia. She's currently playing in Schweriner SC

Ficha técnica

Name: Mira
Nickname: Miki
Shirt Number: my favorite is 15, but currently I am playing under number 4- its also cool
Position: receiver/ attacker
Club: Schweriner SC, German 1. Bundesliga

Voleibol

How did you start playing?
It happened thanks to my older sister Marija who was also playing volleyball. One day she was supposed to take care of me but she had to go to practice so she took me with her, and then her coach told me to come next day and that is how it all started. I was 13 and I just love volleyball since then.

Do you have an idol?
No

Which coach influenced you the most in your career? Why?
Every coach so far in my carrier had a great influence on me in one way or another and helped me to develop in player I am now. I think I am very lucky because I had opportunity to play for really great coaches.

You played in many leagues all over Europe. Which is/was your favorite and why?
Every time I win championship that league stays in my memory as favorite one. That’s why I have a few favorite and I can’t really choose which one.

Do you have good memories about Spain?
I have great memories about Spain. I had opportunity to work with really great coaches; we won Championship and Queen Cup. I met some really nice people that stayed my good friends till now. Murcia is really fun and very interesting city to be living in and I just love the climate.

What was your biggest success so far?
Every time I win national Championship with team I am playing for I consider that a great success, but I have to say that so far only in Spain I took double title so that is I think great.

Do you have a funny moment or anecdote to share with us?
I have one from last season. My team Schweriner has tradition that one day during season players come to practice disguise, and make full practice in some costume or some funny outfit. So I put on my piyamas. I always had this dream to come to practice in my piyama and it finally came true. It was really funny to see that practice.

Are you looking forward especially to play in Champions League next season?
Oh, I am really excited about that!!!!!! :)

What do you think about the chances of Schweriner SC?
In Champions league we have very difficult group but my team is hungry for victory and we will try to do everything possible to win. It would be great to be in final four.

What’s your opinion about the situation in Croatian National team at the moment (withdrawal of Kirillova)?
It is very complicated and delicate situation what is happening there and I would prefer not to talk about that. Irina Kirillova was great player and is great coach and person, and I respect her decision to leave National Team.

Personal

Favourite food: Sushi
Recommend a book: The Cabin
Favourite film: Beautiful mind
If you hadn't become a volleyball player…: it was never another option, since the first day I touch volleyball I knew I wanted to be a volleyball player
Some words to finish: Thank you very much for your time …Besos para Espana!!!!

Thank you for answering our questions, it is a pleasure to get to know more about you. Good luck for next season!

Colaboration: Matthias Weber

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario